FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp. and its subsidiaries Note1
(hereinafter referred to as “FUJIFILM BI”) fully understands the inherent responsibility of “entities handling personal information” to protect personal information Note2
(hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) of customers, employees of corporate business partners, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “you”) who use FUJIFILM BIs products and services. Therefore, FUJIFILM BI has established specific policies on handling personal information as stated below, and thus will make every effort to protect personal information.
1. Controller of Personal Information and Chief Privacy Officer
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI acquires personal information in a legitimate and appropriate manner. The sources from which personal information is acquired include:
- E-mails and phone calls from you
- Application forms and order forms from you regarding our products and services
- Exchange of business cards between you and our employees
- Input into our system from you (contact form in our Website, questionnaire, etc.)
- Automatic collection when you use our products and services (equipment maintenance information, etc.)
- Automatic collection when you use our systems (log information such as log-in history, browsing history, etc.)
The types of acquisition and specific personal information to be acquired include.
[Information acquired directly from you by FUJIFILM BI]
- Name, e-mail address, name/ address/ telephone number/ FAX number/ title of the workplace/ employee number
* If you are a corporate customer, the information may be obtained from your person in charge of the contract between us
- User information such as username, password, user account, and user ID registered at the time of purchase of products and services
- IP addresses and device information
- Business cards information of third party stored in products and services by you
* We will not view the contents of the stored information for any purpose other than responding to inquiries or troubleshooting.
- Name, e-mail address, etc. of third party provided by you when using products and services
- Information of the application when linking the product / service with a third party application
Information you send to us when responding to inquiries or troubleshooting (print data, file names, log data, photos of the device itself and parts, Error output samples, etc.)
* We will not view the contents of the print data for any purpose other than responding to inquiries or troubleshooting.
[Information automatically collected by FUJIFILM BI]
- History of malfunctions, repairs, and maintenance
- Serial number, IMEI, version, configuration information of the product or service, and history of parts replacement
- Access logs of products and services
- Usage logs of products and services
- Device information of your PC, server and mobile device using the products and services, certificate information, and wireless LAN SSID
[Information gathered by Cookies and similar tracking technologies]
- Information collected by Cookies, Web beacons, Google analytics, Google advertising, and HubSpot.
* For more information about these technologies, see [Supplement] at the end.
[Information acquired indirectly by FUJIFILM BI from other third parties]
FUJIFILM BI may acquire your personal information from third parties (Refer to 5. Sharing of Personal Information with third parties) or from publicly accessible information sources in a legitimate and appropriate manner, and may use it in combination with your personal information that it has acquired or collected on its own.
- Information acquired and collected varies depending on products and services. Not all of above information will be acquired or obtained.
- Not all of the above information can be identified by FUJIFILM BI in connection with specific individuals.
- Information that does not correspond to personal information in some countries is also included.
- Please note that it is your own choice to provide personal information to us or not, and that you are not obliged to provide personal information under any statutory or contractual requirement. However, if you have chosen not to provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with specific features of the service (such as personalized recommendations based on your preferences) or in some cases, the service itself.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI may use personal information acquired and collected for the following purposes:
- Exchange of information, documents, etc. necessary for contracts and other procedures necessary for the use of products and services
- Provision of product and service functions and billing based on the contract
- Execution of maintenance contracts
- To check the status to maintain service level
- To provide necessary information to you, such as product and service updates, security alerts, planned maintenance, and occurrence of troubles
- Provide maintenance support by telephone, e-mail, direct visits, etc. and improve maintenance support quality
- To improve products and services and to plan and examine new products and services
- To improve products and services themselves
- Analyze and resolve defects, problems, etc. in products and services
- To investigate and prevent unauthorized access and other illegal activities to products and services
- To request questionnaires regarding the function, performance, quality, etc. of products and services
- Proposing business improvements to you based on analysis of the usage of our products and services
- To inform usage status of products and services by individual users based on the request from the administrator of corporate customers or the representative when one software license can be used by multiple customers.
- To verify your identity, confirm the situation, and notify the results when you wish to exercise your rights.
- Fulfillment of obligations as a supplier of products and services stipulated by laws and regulations in each country.
4. Legal Basis of Processing
We rely on the following legal bases for the processing of your personal information according to applicable laws, including:
4.1 Contractual obligation: When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract.
4.2 Consent: When you have given consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specific purposes.
4.3 Legitimate Interests: Other than the above, when prescribed by applicable laws, we may rely on legitimate interests (or any other relevant interests) where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
When we rely on this legal basis, we may carefully assess whether such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedom of yours.
5. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We will share your personal information with the following recipients:
- With our affiliated entities (FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation and its group entities) excluding FUJIFILM BI’s subsidiaries
- With processors such as vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such personal information to carry out work on our behalf or to perform a contract we enter with them
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your personal information, for example other apps or Websites that integrate with our API
- With financial institutions, etc. (in order to settle the charges for products and services purchased by the customers)
- In response to a request for information by an authority or government entities if we determine that such disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process
- Other recipients which you have consented sharing your personal information
6. Secured Management of Personal Information
To minimize the risk of leakage, falsification, loss, and unauthorized use of personal information, we will incorporate reasonable security functions into our products and services. Also, we will implement reasonable organizational, personnel, physical and technical security measures in accordance with relevant laws and FUJIFILM BIs internal rules, and strictly manage personal information.
For details on FUJIFILM BIs information security measures, please refer to the "FUJIFILM Information Security Report".(https://holdings.fujifilm.com/en/sustainability/activity/governance/security)
7. Inquiries of Personal Information and Exercise of Rights Based on Laws and Regulations
8. Retention Period of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI will hold your personal information within the period necessary to achieve the purposes of use described in article 3, as long as the contract with the customer or corporate business partner is valid, or as necessary to provide the service to you. In addition, even after the termination of the contract, we may continue to hold your personal information for the purpose of complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, fulfilling contracts, etc.
9. Overseas Transfer of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI may transfer and store personal information to other countries that may have personal information protection legislation different from the country in which the personal information was provided.
However, in principle, the countries to which personal information is transferred shall be limited to those countries where personal information is legally protected at the same level as that of the country in which the personal information was provided. In addition, we will conclude and manage a contract for the protection of personal information with the company to which personal information is transferred (FUJIFILM BI’s subsidiaries and recipients listed in 5. Sharing of Personal Information with third parties). Otherwise, in accordance with the personal data protection regulations of each country / area, the transfer may be based on your explicit consent or adequacy decision (When the countries / area where your personal information is transferred to have been recognized by the relevant Data Protection Authority as providing adequate level of data protection).
The transfer is for the handling of personal information by FUJIFILM BI (Refer to 3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information) and does not permit the use of personal information independently by the company to which personal information is transferred.
10. Contract with Corporate Customers
11. Compliance with Related Laws
FUJIFILM BI will comply with the personal information protection laws and internal rules of FUJIFILM BI in each country in which it acquires personal information.
[Supplement] Tracking Technology for Website and Web Services
* Company names and service names are generally registered trademarks or trademarks of each company.
Our Website(s) and App(s) may use “Cookies” or similar technologies (analysis programs and social media services). Cookies are text files that are sent by a Website(s) to the users browser in order to store information on the users devices. Whenever the Website(s) is accessed, the information contained in the Cookie is read by the Website(s).
We distinguish between strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the proper functioning of our Website(s), and other cookies. Strictly necessary cookies do not require your consent. For other cookies, we request your consent before placing them on your device. You can use our Website(s) only after confirming your cookie settings.
You can prevent information from being shared with a Network by not allowing the corresponding Cookies and/or logging off from the Network before using the Website(s).
2. Web beacons Note3 and IP-address Note4
FUJIFILM BI may use “Cookies”, Web beacons, and IP addresses on Websites/ Web services operated by FUJIFILM BI (hereinafter referred to as FUJIFILM BI sites) for the following purposes.
2.1. To identify and resolve the causes of server failures and problems
2.2. To improve the content of Website(s), Web services, e-mail, etc.
2.3. To customize the content of Website(s), Web services, e-mail, etc. for individual users
2.4. To use browsing history and survey results for marketing activities, in a subscription service where personal information is registered beforehand
2.5. To use as statistical material in a state where an individual cannot be identified
3. Google Analytics
Please see following site to know details of Google Analytics.
4. Google Advertising, HubSpot
Some FUJIFILM BI Websites/Web services may use Google advertising and HubSpot to provide advertisements and information that are considered useful to you. These companies collect Cookie data from service users and use Web beacons. However, it is not possible to specify individuals from Cookie data and Web beacons. If you wish to suspend these advertising-related functions, please follow these steps:
Google Advertising: Access the following page and turn off ad customization. https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
HubSpot: Remove Cookies of hubspot.com in the browser settings and refuse to receive subsequent Cookies from hubspot.com.
5. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)/TLS (Transport Layer Security)
FUJIFILM BI will use encryption by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or other security technologies to prevent tapping into the communication process by third parties when you provide your personal information through our Website Note5
However, these technologies may not be used in some rare cases because of your computer environment. In these cases, we will display on our Website that security cannot be ensured in the communication process.
Personal information collected by our subsidiaries around the world is handled in accordance with the Privacy Policies of the respective countries / areas.
― For residents of Japan
The processing of personal information by our company in Japan is explained as follows.
1. Controller of Personal Information and Chief Privacy Officer
- The controller of personal information acquired within the scope of this policy are as follows:
Controller: FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
Address: 9-7-3 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
- Chief Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer is as follows:
Corporate Vice President in charge of Compliance & Risk Management Dept., FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
Contact: Compliance & Risk Management Dept. E-mail: email@example.com
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- Introducing products and services and providing various types of information by E-mail (E-mail magazine), direct mail, facsimile, etc.
* If you do not wish to receive the information, opting-out (suspension of distribution) is possible.
- Delivery of advertisements and information that are considered useful to you using the Retargeting Advertising Delivery Service
4. Legal Basis of Processing
5. Sharing of Personal Information with third parties
6. Shared Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information jointly with FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation and its group companies.
6.1. Items of Personal Information to be shared
Personal information described in article 2. of this Policy, voice data (conversation with support desk, etc.), product purchase history (including lease and rental) and service usage history.
6.2. Scope of joint users
FUJIFILM Holdings Corp. and its group companies
6.3. Purpose of use in the joint use
Purpose of use described in article 3. of this policy
6.4. Company responsible for the management of personal information to be shared
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp. https://www.fujifilm.com/fbglobal/eng/company/profile
7. Secured Management of Personal Information
8. Inquiries of Personal Information and Exercise of Rights Based on Laws and Regulations
You have the following data protection rights.
8.1. Right to disclose: You have the right to request us to disclose information about the processing of your personal information, including the purpose of use and records of provision to third parties.
8.2. Right to correct, add, or delete: You have the right to request us to correct, add, or delete your personal information on the grounds that it is incomplete or inaccurate.
8.3. Right to request discontinuance of use: You have the right to request us to discontinue using (including providing to third parties) your personal information in certain circumstances.
8.4. Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint to us if you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to your exercise of rights.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing from us, you may do so yourself by changing your preferences at FUJIFILM BI Direct Customer Information.https://direct-fb.fujifilm.com/ap1/account
Please be informed that even if you choose not to receive marketing from us, we will continue to send you information related to your transactions.
If you wish to exercise your right described in the 8.3. to request discontinuance of use, you may do so by visiting the Website or web service where you provided your personal information, or by following the instructions in the e-mail from us.
Alternatively, please contact the Point of contact below, and we will respond promptly based on the prescribed procedures. In that case, in order to prevent unauthorized acquisition, falsification of personal information by a third party, we may confirm that it is a request from the person him/herself.
* We may not be able to respond to requests from individual users in corporate customers.
- For any inquiries about personal information, please communicate the point of contact of FUJIFILM Business Innovation to which you provided your personal information, or that which FUJIFILM Business Innovation noticed you. If the point of contact above is unknown, please contact us at Customer Information Center below.
Customer Information Center https://www.fujifilm.com/fb/support/callcenter/cic
- Please refer to the following Website for handling of personal information at point of contact of FUJIFILM Business Innovation.Handling of personal information at point of contact of FUJIFILM Business Innovation https://www.fujifilm.com/fb/common/privacy_policy/callcenter.html
- Please refer to the following Website for request based on Personal Information Protection Act, such as notice of the purpose of usage of personal information, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, or erasing of personal information. How to make request based on Personal Information Protection Act https://www.fujifilm.com/fb/common/privacy_policy/request.html
9. Retention Period of Personal Information
10. Overseas Transfer of Personal Information
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
- Note1 "Subsidiary" means a company in which FUJIFILM Business Innovation holds majority of the voting rights directly or indirectly.
- Note2 The term "personal information" shall mean personal information stipulated in laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information in each country.
- Note3 "Web beacon" is a technology for obtaining statistical information about access to a specific Web page using Cookies.
- Note4 An "IP address" is a number that identifies the computer accessing the server. It is not possible to identify the user of the computer.
- Note5 Due to restrictions of the systems, some of our Websites do not support SSL/TLS. In that case, it is indicated that security of the communication is not guaranteed.